Whether you are urgently packing up for an emergency trip or you are planning for an exciting vacation, you might not find the suitable flights to your destination. How will you tackle this inevitable situation? As long as it makes sense to drive on your own, a one-way car rental offers the best solution for this situation. This will not offer you the convenience to move according to your own schedule, but also give you the freedom to discover the joys of driving across the country. Like all other vacationers, you must not want to miss even a single bit of joy. The possibility to enjoy quirky roadside attractions, delicious food and stay at comfortable hotels can mesmerize every traveller. As such deals don’t bind their customers to return back the car to the pickup spot, they can become a pricey deal. All you need to do is to shop around to find the best dealer to avoid breaking your budget.
Who offers one-way rentals?
Almost all independent rentals, which operates from more than one location offer such deals to serve a maximum number of customers with diversified needs. What you need to do to is to check how many spots they have made to receive autos from clients. Compare these spots with your travel route to check whether it comes to your way or you have to take an entirely different way to park rented cars.
Once you have chosen the most suitable rental, all you need to do is to follow these simple steps to book the one-way rental deal to enjoy the freedom to do anything you want.
- The first step is to enquire different rental companies to know, whether they are offering such deals or not. List down the names and compare the charges. You might save some money with smaller vendors, however, it restricts you with the limited drop off spots. Due to their small networks, they usually have fewer spots. In contrast, larger companies or national chains have a lot of branches across the country, which releases this genuine stress from your mind. As you know, you will not have to make too many efforts to leave the vehicle safely, you will feel more relaxed.
- The second step is to book a suitable firm after considering your budget. Like standard two-way deals, one-way rental firms also offer special deals and discount coupons to attract their clients. Don’t forget to ask their surcharges and penalties on leaving their auto at a different place from their suggested spot. Also, check their mileage and fuel policies to see the possibility to save money. Companies who are offering unlimited mileage and flexible fuel policies can let you save some money.
- After identifying your needs like a total number of passengers, their age group and special needs if they have any, pick the most suitable car from the fleet of rental. At this stage, working with a large vendor will again benefit you, as they have a huge variety from compact to luxury wheels, SUVs, Sedans and adventure vehicles for thrill seekers. This will allow you to choose the best.
- The third step is to pick up your phone and call the company, which possess a range of vehicles with several drop-off spots across the country. If you are willing to use your debit card for booking make sure it has the balance of several hundred dollars. As vendors will not agree to accept payments made via card if it doesn’t have a reserve of adequate balance.
- Once you have successfully booked the deal and picked up the auto; in order to avoid paying penalties, leave it at the designated spots. Also, don’t forget to ask your vendor to register the return at the location. Inform them in advance, if you are willing to extend the time.
- In the case you are not able to afford the expenses of picking this option, don’t hesitate to ask the vendor about the option of a driveway. Generally, independent and small setups offer this arrangement. It doesn’t involve vehicles from their fleet, rather the owner, pay drivers to move their autos from one location to another. Drivers only need to pay for the fuel for the trip. This can be very cost-effective for those who are frequently travelling across the borders.
Summary: You can even avail such services from airport offices of the car hire at Doha airport if you want to avoid further air or bus travel to reach other cities in the territory.