Babies are angels in our arms. I love holding them in my arms and have a ‘baby talk’ with them. I love when they curl their fingers when I rub the baby’s hand. Baby feels so fresh and soft to hold. If you have a baby and need a few tips on having soft baby skin. The following are tips that my granny told me:
- Baby’s bath: Whenever you have to give a bath to a baby under a year don’t bathe him/her for more than 10 minutes as it may dry out their skin making it more porous. Bathing your baby with only water would be enough but if you need soap then use soap made of natural ingredients like coconut, olive oil or palm oil.
- Moisturise: Next step is to lock in the moisture and humidity from their bath. Oils and lotions help to restore moisture in your baby’s skin. Use oils and lotions that are made of herbal ingredients. You need to give the baby a good oil massage.
- Change diapers: Bottoms of babies are very sensitive and tend to develop rashes. So change diapers often to avoid irritation to skin. Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy.
- Clothing for babies: Use soft fabric and loose clothes for your baby. In our country, where humidity is high, it is better to clothe the baby in cotton clothes so baby feels comfortable in them. Vitamin D is essential for baby’s health so let their skin be exposed to sunlight. But, take care, as too much exposure to sun is not good. While washing your baby’s clothes, towels and bedding use a gentle detergent as it may irritate or develop itchy skin.
- Sharp objects or toys: Take care that the baby does not get hurt due to some sharp objects around the house or if there are toys with sharp edges. Get rid of such sharp objects or toys in your home to keep the baby safe and sound.
Follow this simple steps today and make your baby’s skin soft and beautiful. Keep these tips in mind and use to keep your baby’s skin healthy.